A Rogue Economist Explores the Hidden Side of EverythingBook - 2006
From Library Staff
ChinookArchSystem Aug 21, 2017
Aside from Gladwell, who else has made social science cool? The economist-and-writer combination of Steven Levitt and Stephen Dubner, naturally. Gladwell loved "Freakonomics." "I don't need to say much here," Gladwell told The Week . "This book invented an entire genre. E... Read More »
From the critics
Age SuitabilityAdd Age Suitability
Stephanie_Sibbald thinks this title is suitable for 14 years and over
QuotesAdd a Quote
"This book has been written from a very specific worldview, based on a few fundamental ideas:
- Incentives are the cornerstone of modern life...
- The conventional wisdom is often wrong...
- Dramatic effects often have a distant, even subtle, causes...
- Experts use their informational advantage to serve their own agenda...
- Knowing what to measure and how to measure it makes it complicated world much less so..."
SummaryAdd a Summary
There are no summaries for this title yet.
There are no notices for this title yet.