The New Healing Herbs
The Classic Guide to Nature's Best Medicines Featuring the Top 100 Time-tested HerbsBook - 2001
An Essential Update of the Classic Herb Reference With Over 1 Million Copies in Print!
A decade ago, The Healing Herbs set the standard for consumer guides to herbal medicine. This newly revised, expanded edition takes you to the cutting edge of herb research-- and shows you how to get the most from nature's oldest remedies.
Whether you're a first-time herb user or experienced in herbal medicine, The New Healing Herbs provides essential information for making medicinal plants part of your self-care regimen. Inside you'll find...
* Groundbreaking discoveries about the therapeutic benefits of popular herbs such as echinacea, ginkgo, and St. John's wort
* In-depth profiles of up-and-coming herbs-- including 12 not featured in the original edition
* Clear, concise dosage instructions and safe-use guidelines
* Valuable advice for buying, storing, and preparing herbal remedies
* Fascinating facts from the 5,000-year history of herbal medicine
* A comprehensive cure-finder chart for more than 100 common conditions
The New Healing Herbs provides a 21st-century perspective on a time-honored therapeutic tradition. It's the only resource you need to answer all your questions about herbal medicine and to use herbs with confidence.